Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- Year in Review
- Get Your Library Questions Answered!
- News from the State Librarian
- Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State - A Must Read!
- ILEAD USA and Helping All Trustees Succeed (HATS ) - Awesome Ideas for Trustee Education
- President's Memo
- From the Editor's Desk
- LTA at NYLA 2016
- Unveiling of the 2015 Edition of the Handbook for Library Trustees
- System Overview
- LTA is seeking nominations for three awards to be presented at the annual Institute, May 6-7, 2016 in Plattsburgh, NY.
- Keep these dates on your calendar so you don't miss an opportunity to connect in 2016.
LTA is seeking nominations for three awards to be presented at the annual Institute, May 6-7, 2016 in Plattsburgh, NY.
Winter 2016 issue of Trustee
The Velma K. Moore Award is open to anyone or any organization in New York State making an exemplary contribution to the development of library services in the state. This award comes with a cash prize of $1,000 presented to the recipient's library or system of choice.
The regional Outstanding Trustee and Outstanding Friend awards are open to people or organizations from within the three systems co-sponsoring the annual Institute: Clinton Essex Franklin, North County and Southern Adirondack Library Systems. To find out more about all these awards, the awards criteria, and how to make nominations, go to www.librarytrustees.org and check the link under Dates for February 26 - that is the date that nominations are due! I look forward to hearing from you, Jean Currie, LTA Awards Chair.