Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- Year in Review
- Get Your Library Questions Answered!
- News from the State Librarian
- Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State - A Must Read!
- ILEAD USA and Helping All Trustees Succeed (HATS ) - Awesome Ideas for Trustee Education
- President's Memo
- From the Editor's Desk
- LTA at NYLA 2016
- Unveiling of the 2015 Edition of the Handbook for Library Trustees
- System Overview
- LTA is seeking nominations for three awards to be presented at the annual Institute, May 6-7, 2016 in Plattsburgh, NY.
- Keep these dates on your calendar so you don't miss an opportunity to connect in 2016.
LTA at NYLA 2016
Winter 2016 issue of Trustee
Explore. Learn. Grow.
Library trustees did just that at the 2105 The NYLA Conference in Lake Placid. The LTA sponsored workshop, Simple Strategic Planning, presented by Lauren Moore and Ron Kirsop from the Pioneer Library System was popular. They have developed a simple strategic planning process that any library can implement. Many trustees found their way to the LTA booth to meet and greet fellow trustees and discover member services available through the LTA website and newsletters. LTA also was proud to co-sponsor programs with the Friends Library Section.
2016 Trustee Institute Heads North in MayIn our goal to give more LTA members a chance to participate in the annual Trustee Institute, LTA is holding the 2016 Institute in Plattsburgh, NY the first weekend in May. Thanks to the three cooperating systems and system directors who are helping to plan and implement this year’s event: Clinton Essex Franklin Library System, with Ewa Jankowska; North Country Library System, with Steve Bolton; and Southern Adirondack Library System with Sara Dallas. Learn more about each of the systems at www.librarytrustees.org. We’ll have more on them in the Spring Trustee.