Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- Year in Review
- Get Your Library Questions Answered!
- News from the State Librarian
- Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State - A Must Read!
- ILEAD USA and Helping All Trustees Succeed (HATS ) - Awesome Ideas for Trustee Education
- President's Memo
- From the Editor's Desk
- LTA at NYLA 2016
- Unveiling of the 2015 Edition of the Handbook for Library Trustees
- System Overview
- LTA is seeking nominations for three awards to be presented at the annual Institute, May 6-7, 2016 in Plattsburgh, NY.
- Keep these dates on your calendar so you don't miss an opportunity to connect in 2016.
Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State - A Must Read!
Winter 2016 issue of Trustee
As State Librarian, I cannot thank the co-authors enough for providing this key resource to New York’s library community. I strongly recommend that every trustee read and use the Handbook. Co-authors Jerry Nichols and Rebekkah Smith Aldrich deliver sound guidance, up-to-date information and practical advice to help trustees make those critically important policy, personnel, and financial decisions. The 2015 edition represents the combined efforts of dozens of individuals and organizations who are devoted to providing an invaluable, relevant, and current tool for trustees. The updated edition of the Handbook is now freely available online at www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/trustees/handbook/index.html. Information about how to obtain print copies is also posted on the State Library’s website.