Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- Ready to Read at New York Libraries
- Get Your Library Questions Answered!
- LTA Sponsors Free Webinar on November 18 (10 am to 11 am)
- LTA on the Road - Continuing Crucial Connections
- From the Editor's Desk
- Are you familiar with your 3R?
- LTA Programs at NYLA Conference
- Policy Spotlight - Long Range Planning - Simplified
- Look for 2016 Membership Renewal Letters to Arrive in November!
Are you familiar with your 3R?
Fall 2015 issue of Trustee
While our librarians are very familiar with your local Reference and Research Library Resource council, many trustees may not be aware of this valuable resource.
In 1966, the New York State Legislature authorized the establishment of reference and research library resources systems (councils) in Education Law. The councils were created to expand the availability of the resources of academic, medical, law, business and special libraries to more New Yorkers and to enable libraries of all types to buy services and share resources cooperatively in order to strengthen programs and services.
The nine 3Rs in our State are:
· Capital District Library Council
· Central New York Library Resources Council
· Long Island Library Resources Council
· METRO - Metropolitan New York Library Council
· Northern New York Library Network
· Rochester Regional Library Council
· South Central Regional Library Council
· Southeastern New York Library Resources CouncilWestern New York Library Resources Council