Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- Moving Forward - LTA's Vision for 2014
- President's Memo
- From the Editor's Desk
- News from the State Librarian
- 2014 Trustee Institute
- LTA Introduces a New Service for Members
- Annual Library Trustee Association Awards 2014
- 2014: Library Advocacy Day Moves to New Month and New Day
- System Overview
by Bob Presutti, LTA Board President
Winter 2014 issue of Trustee
There are 756 libraries to serve the people of New York State. The important services provided by our libraries could not be accomplished with much success without all the trustees that serve our libraries.
LTA is the only organization dedicated to supporting the work of library trustees. Through education, support materials, resources provided through our website, and opportunities to speak peer to peer, this organization enables your community to be better served.
Although the work of LTA has had tremendous momentum, we can accomplish even more. I invite the library and systems boards of trustees to join LTA. Considering the guidance needed in addressing library concerns, there may not be a more significant time for your participation to allow for the united effort of LTA.
Membership in LTA (which extends benefits to all trustees, directors and friends) helps in these critical ways:
• unifies libraries as one voice to State Leaders
• provides new trustees with opportunities for free seminars
• invitation to attend our annual Trustee Institute (2 day program)
• supports resources like our regularly updated website and policy database
• educates seasoned trustees with monthly emails updates and resources
• provides trustees/directors with subscription to our quarterly newsletter
• grants access to members’ only resources on our website
• recognizes the work of outstanding trustees and friends of the library
Your library’s membership will ultimately benefit your library and the people you serve.