Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- April in Albany
- News from the State Librarian
- LTA Membership in 2011
- From the Editor's Desk
- Legislative Update
- Moving On
- Institute Awards
- President's Memo
- "The Hub" - A Dream Come True
- We Want You
Summer 2011 issue of Trustee
LTA learned late in June that the following legislation had passed both the NYS Assembly and the NYS Senate. The bills now await the governor's signature, and may have received that by the time this issue went to print.
- Public Library Construction Grants (S.4101 Farley/A.113 Paulin)
This legislation would modify the public library construction grant program to enable grants to be used to purchase vacant land as well as lower local math to 25% of project costs for libraries in high need areas.
- Public Library Systems Eligible for Local Government Efficiency Grants (S.4053 Farley/A.6468 Reilly) The bill would expand eligibility to apply for local government efficiency grants to include public library systems. Currently, libraries are allowed to apply, but not library systems.
- State Library Hours of Operation (A.6839 Nolan)
- The bill would require the state library to be open at least five days a week but give the Board of Regents flexibility on which days to be open.