Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- President's Memo
- A Good Year for Libraries
- Save The Date
- Trustee Institute, 2006 Where You There?
- The Library Circuit
- Libraries: Moving On
- From the Editor's Desk
Save The Date
Summer 2006 issue of Trustee
Make it a Trustee Holiday for you and your guest Friday, May 4th & Saturday, May 5th , 2007 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Queens, NY
- Educational Sessions for Trustees & Directors
- Invitation extended to New York City’s Mayor Bloomberg to speak
- Tour of the Queens Public Library
- Presentation of the prestigious Velma Moore Award
- Friday Evening Dinner
- Boat ride on the NY Harbor (around Liberty Island)
- Plans for group tickets to a Mets or Yankees Baseball Game
- Opportunity to attend a Broadway Show
- Easy access to Manhattan shopping
Since we are a large group, we were able to secure an outstanding room rate for all attendees. Rooms at the Crowne Plaza are only $129 per night (plus taxes). That’s $200 below their regular rate! This rate has been extended for Thursday and Sunday evenings for those wishing to make even more of their trip. Cost for the Institute is still being finalized.
The Crowne Plaza La Guardia is a superior first class, mid-rise hotel located opposite La Guardia Airport and six miles from Manhattan.The hotel offers spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms. It is only one mile from Shea Stadium and the US Tennis Center (US Tennis Open).
Details on speakers and sessions to be updated as confirmed on NYSALB’s website. Be sure to visit often to learn more. There will be limited seating for this Institute with early registration to open this fall (on-line registration).