Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- President's Memo: Are Libraries A Threat To Major Corporations?
- Editorial: Cooperation -- A Key to Library Survival?
- From The Desk Of The Library Committee Chair
- From The Desk Of The Sub-Committee Chair
- Legislative Update The Internet and Censorship New York State Library Legislation New York State Library Funding, 2002-2003
- e-Books ... Directions Needed Part 2
- Technology Disaster Planning For Libraries
- A Lesson From Los Angeles?
- The Library Circuit: Newburgh Free Library
- Library Advocates Meet With Commissioner Mills In Albany
- Still Time to Nominate Moore Award Candidates
- New Trustees Join NYSALB
- NYSALB Officers NYSALB Officers Elected
- Kirkland Library Celebrates
- The NYLA/NYSALB Annual Conference
- THE TRUSTEE
Still Time to Nominate Moore Award Candidates
by Dr. William Taber, NYSALB Trustee and Velma Moore Committee Chair
Summer 2002 issue of Trustee
August 15th is the deadline for receipt of your nominations for the NYSALB Velma Moore Award. This prestigious selection carries with it a stipend of $750.00 to be donated by the award winner to a library or library service of his or her choice. In addition, the award includes a specially designed honoree plaque plus recognition by the statewide library community as the plaque is presented personally to the award winner. This will take place at the NYLA/NYSALB Conference scheduled for the fall.
Eligible to receive the award is any individual or group who has made outstanding contributions to the development of library service in New York State. Nominees may be, but need not be, trustees, library boards or any group of library supporters.
Let us know about your candidate today by sending in the name and address of the nominee, the library affiliation and a statement of not more than 250 words on the reasons for making the nomination.Mail, e-mail, or FAX this information today to the NYSALB Velma Moore Award Committee, care of the NYSALB office at the addresses or FAX number provided on the back page of this newsletter.