Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- President's Memo (Space Odyssey)
- The Library Circuit
- On Being Newsworthy
- NYSALB Board Report
- 1999 TRUSTEE INSTITUTE SCHEDULE
- Library of Congress
- Gates Library Foundation
- Money Talks
- Statement of Ownership and Management
- The Facts -- What do you know about Public Library Trustees and Oaths of Office?
- NYSALB Welcomes Assemblywoman Naomi C. Matusow, the new chair of the Assembly's Committee on Libraries and Education Technology.
- The Books That We Read
- The Evolution of the Book
- 1999 Velma Moore Award Nomination Form
- Library System Honors Barnard
1999 Velma Moore Award Nomination Form
April 1999 issue of Trustee
Nominee's Name: ____________________________
Please include a letter of nomination briefly describing your reasons for selecting this individual or organization.
The Velma Moore Award committee of NYSALB is seeking nominations for this prestigious award. Any individual or group of individuals who has performed outstanding contributions to the development of library services in New York State is eligible. Nominees may be trustees, library boards, library professionals or any group of library supporters.
- Nomination deadline August 15, 1999.
- Award presentation at annual fall NYLA/NYSALB conference.
- Recipient will receive $750.00 to donate to the library or library service of choice and a specially designed glass-stand plaque.
Send nominations to NYSALB, 3 Douglas Avenue, Rensselaer, NY 12144.