AGENDA LTA Board of Directors Meeting
June 14-15, 2019
Hampton Inn, Albany, NY
Friday, June 14 (7:00-9:00 pm)
7:36 all trustees present
- Long Range Plan review – The board reviewed the current Long Range Plan. John to update changes for the Sept meeting.
- John reported that Invoices have been sent out to libraries –
- Adria reviewed the Annual Timeline of Activities with board 2019 Meeting dates: Sept 13-14, Nov 15-16 in Albany
- Introduction of New Board Member Candidate
- Catherine Budmen – introductions of current board members to candidate
- Mailing list work- rest of evening spent on working on our current membership mailing list.
Saturday, June 15 (9 am – 2 pm)
Meeting Called to Order – 9:12
- New board Candidate = motion to accept Catherine Budmen as an LTA board trustee made by Martha, seconded by Susan, motion carried –
Meeting adjourned – 9:14 – Motion made by Jean, seconded by Bola – meeting adjourned
- NYLA/LTA relationship: Jeremy Johannesen, NYLA
- Review of LTA questions for NYLA on Becoming a Section- the board reviewed the questions sent to NYLA and the responses from Jeremy. Much discussion followed and more questions gathered. John recorded them and will share them with Jeremy.
- The board spent time with Jeremy asking questions and he responded as needed giving us many options. Voices are stronger together – our infrastructure with 5+ employees to put policies and procedures in place to share resources and staff to get things done for our trustees.
- Discussion followed by the board of our options. We agreed to move forward – working with NYLA.
Meeting called to order at1:15 – motion We will proceed to become a section of NYLA as soon as we meet all the requirements needed. – made by Margaret – Jean/Phil seconded. Vote followed -9 yes 1- no. Motion carried.
- Details: continue with collection of dues for 2019 before we become a section.
- Follow our process for nominations for our board for the Sept meeting.
- Adria will contact Jeremy to share our decision.
- John to talk with Jeremy and get all the timelines for this process.
Edris moved to adjourn meeting, Phil seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 1:22
- Budget – finances – Bola and John shared finance info and review of latest budget information
- Update on NYLA conference – We will sponsor a workshop called: Take it or Leave it – what you need to know about family and medical leave -No expense fee
Co-sponsor with Friends group and their workshops. Financial commitment of $300 to help with expenses.
We will have a table at the conference.
- Adjournment- 1:35