- The 2015 Edition of the Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State - The 2015 Edition of the Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State is a ready reference for trustees, covering all major duties and responsibilities.
- Become a Certified Trustee - LTA recognizes trustees for their service & work.
- Brochure – Why Become a Trustee
- Public Library Law in New York State. - by Robert Allan Carter, July 2006
- Regents Statement On Trustees’ Role - The Regents Statement On The Governance Role Of A Trustee Or Board Member. This is the print image of the statement, which focuses on financial responsibilities.
- The Recommendations of the Regents Commission on Library Services - These recommendations will affect every library and trustee.
- Open Meeting, Privacy and FOIL Obligations - This library of documents describes your library’s obligations under the State’s Open Meetings, Freedom of Information and Personal Privacy Protection Laws.
The following links provide access to useful resources.
- DLD - Division of Library Development, part of the New York State Library. Librarians, trustees, public officials and community leaders depend on Library Development to help find new ways of making library services and resources available to people of all ages.
- NYSL - The New York State Library, a part of the State Education Department.
- NYLINE - New York’s Libraries Information Network. The statewide email discussion group about libraries.
- NYLA - New York Library Association. The association of professional librarians in New York State.
- NYLTO - New York Libraries Trustees Online
- Mid-Hudson Library System
- The Regents Commission on Library Services - The commission charged with planning the future of library services.
- NYS Committee On Open Government - Learn your obligations under the State’s Open Meeting, Freedom of Information and Personal Privacy Protection Laws.
- United for Libraries - Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations (a division of ALA)