Library Trustees Association of New York State
Bornt Library in Rensselaer County, one of the many libraries LTA spotlights
Library expert Joe Eisner answers all your questions, big and small
The Trustee - One of the ways we get you what you need to know
Successful Trustees Achieve Recognition
LTA sponsored Cassie Guthrieâ€™s presentation
New This Month
Whether your library is a small town soprano, a basso in the burbs, or a metropolitan mezzo, LTA serves as your choir, singing the praises of public libraries to legislators and locals alike. With your membership, our choir can get louder, reaching from the vaulted halls of Albany to every corner of the State. We need your support to do even more and to provide more services in 2018 so we can connect trustees throughout the state with the resources they need.
Read Full Article
Join or Renew now.
Library membership includes the Director and all Trustees.
Check the Membership Directory.
You will have the LTA logo by your library name as a member.
View the total list of systems, their libraries and members, or under the System Map,
click on your system and you will see the libraries just from your system.
To do what we do, we need you!
~ The LTA Membership Committee
Dates & Reminders
- 2018 Membership Drive Has Begun
RENEW or JOIN NOW
* * * * * * * * * NEW * * * * * * * * *
Star Recognition program beginning
- April 27-28, 2018 -- SAVE THE DATE!
"LTA's 2018 Trustee Institute" Long Island Marriott Uniondale, NY (Nassau County)
- Reminder: Overviews of our State Library Systems can be found by clicking on the Resources & Links tab at the top of this page and then Overviews of our Public Library Systems. A rich history of each system will soon be complete. Read about your system and the many services provided to member libraries.
We are a statewide organization that represents, assists, educates and honors public library boards and their trustees as providers of free and universal library service.
Our core activities include:
- Advocating support of libraries and their programs
- Communicating with library trustees to inform them of issues affecting libraries and library service
- Educating trustees about their role in the library
- Recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of library trustees
Library Advocacy Services
Since 2005, Communication Services has worked with dozens of libraries to help them achieve financial stability and sustainability. Now that libraries must live within a 2% Tax Cap World, it is more important than ever for libraries to make sure they are seen as an essential community services that deserve funding because of the important programs and services they provide.
Communication Services provides the following strategic communications and library advocacy campaign services to our clients:
Are you interested in becoming a corporate sponsor? Please contact LTA's Executive Director Tim Gavin to get the particulars.