Library Trustees Association of New York State
New This Month
Finger Lakes Library System Overivew
The Finger Lakes Library System is a cooperative public library system serving 33 member libraries in Cayuga, Cortland, Seneca, Tioga, and Tompkins County in central NY. We provide a wide range of essential services such as delivery, automation and technology support, Interlibrary Loan, workshops for directors, staff, and trustees, youth services and outreach consulting, and consulting in the areas of best practices, laws and regulations, strategic planning and development, sustainable funding, and governance.
Read Full Article
Join or Renew now.
Library membership includes the Director and all Trustees.
Check the Membership Directory.
You will have the LTA logo by your library name as a member.
View the total list of systems, their libraries and members, or under the System Map,
click on your system and you will see the libraries just from your system.
To do what we do, we need you!
~ The LTA Membership Committee
Dates & Reminders
- September 19th & 20th • LTA Board Meeting, Hampton Inn, Albany, NY
- November 5th - 8th • NYLA Annual Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Membership: We still need the financial support of your library - Your membership or renewal for 2014 is how we Educate, Represent and Advocate. Help keep us doing the things we do for trustees throughout the state.
We are a statewide organization that represents, assists, educates and honors public library boards and their trustees as providers of free and universal library service.
Our core activities include:
- Advocating support of libraries and their programs
- Communicating with library trustees to inform them of issues affecting libraries and library service
- Educating trustees about their role in the library
- Recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of library trustees
The Dignity Memorial® network is the name families turn to for compassionate and professional
funeral arrangements. Offered through a network of more than 1,600 providers in
North America, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value,
caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
Dignity provides LTA Member libraries and branches with their Grief Management Library (a series of 25 articles written by top professionals in the field); a four DVD Grief Management Series; and a 10% discount to all LTA Members for pre-planned or at-need arrangements.
Are you interested in becoming a corporate sponsor? Please contact LTA's president Robert M. Presutti to get the particulars.